Organisation of companies and enterprises
Companies are confronted with a variety of laws and regulations, the implementation of which requires professional support.
Our advisory services in the area of corporate and company law is targeted at companies of all legal types and sizes. With our services we cover all phases of a company’s life cycle, from its foundation to the expansion of the company to its sale, restructuring, reorganisation or liquidation.
We provide comprehensive, efficient and tailor-made advice to companies, shareholders and members of the board of directors or executive management.
Legal advice to companies
Our advisory services for companies include
- preparing and implementing company formations and capital increases,
- structuring corporate activities by means of organisational regulations, management regulations and other control instruments available,
- providing public notarisations of resolutions of the general meeting,
- preparing and implementing reorganisations and restructurings (such as the introduction of holding and other group structures) as well as mergers, demergers, transformations or asset transfers (including the necessary public notarisations),
- advising and supporting companies in the negotiation, purchase and sale of companies and businesses in all legal forms (in particular share deals and asset deals), including drafting the relevant contracts,
- providing comprehensive advice on corporate governance and public corporate governance,
- enforcing liability claims (in and out of court) against members of the board of directors or of the executive management or against de-facto directors,
- providing in-house training on corporate law, corporate governance, public corporate governance and contract law,
- preparing legal opinions on corporate law issues, and
- serving on the board of directors as independent members with special expertise in corporate law and corporate governance.
Legal advice to shareholders
Our advisory services for shareholders include
- representing shareholders or groups of shareholders at general meetings,
- drafting and negotiating shareholders’ agreements and owners’ strategies,
- preparing and negotiating share sales and share purchases,
- advising on the establishment, acquisition, management, liquidation and sale of subsidiaries,
- advising venture capital companies and private equity investors,
- representing companies, shareholders or groups of shareholders in legal corporate proceedings,
- enforcing liability claims (out of court and in court) against members of the board of directors or of the executive management or against de-facto directors, and
- advising the state as a shareholder of state-owned or state-governed companies in all matters of public corporate governance.
Legal advice to members of the board of directors or executive management
Our advisory services for members of the board of directors or executive management include
- preparing and supporting the work of the board of directors or board committees,
- preparing general meetings and supporting the board of directors during general meetings,
- defending claims (in and out of court) against members of the board of directors or of the executive management or against de-facto directors,
- providing independent advice to the board of directors on all aspects of corporate governance, and
- providing training and coaching to members of the board of directors and executive management.
Start-ups and Venture Capital
We support entrepreneurs in choosing a legal structure and organising their business as well as collaborating with co-founders, investors and other stakeholders. Learn more…
Comprehensive advice from a single source
In addition to advising on corporate law, we also advise our clients on all other aspects of their business activities, for example on contracts, and, using the expertise of our network partners, on topics such as intellectual property, on competition law, on public commercial law etc. We can also provide support in dealing with public authorities. We have a well-established tradition in corporate restructuring such as the introduction of holding structures, mergers, spin-offs or split-ups (in whole or in part), in the establishment of efficient management structures, in company acquisitions as well as in company succession through sale or inheritance of the company.
Many members of our team have a strong background in business management. Because of this, we are uniquely positioned to provide our clients with comprehensive and insightful advice where business, entrepreneurship, management and strategy intersect with the law. We also have significant experience as legal advisors and, in addition to providing counsel on individual issues, can provide our clients support on projects, or function as a secretary to a board of directors.
We advise our clients on national, international and cross-border issues.